CH4LLENGE online learning launched!
Discover the CH4LLENGE online course on developing and implementing Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) and learn more about SUMP Basics from the comfort of your office or home!
The course offers an overview of the SUMP concept and its benefits, describes the ever-growing importance of SUMPs in Europe and has a closer look at the SUMP development process as well as the challenges cities often face when developing and implementing a SUMP.
The course is open to participants from cities and regions across Europe (and even beyond) and is free of charge. It is intended for those working in the field of urban mobility (e.g. transport planners, mobility experts, students and young professionals). No detailed pre-knowledge of the topic is required.
The SUMP Basics course is self-paced, allowing participants to complete it on a schedule that works for them. The course does not have specific start and end dates or deadlines.
CH4LLENGE will also offer a series of moderated in-depth courses on participation, cooperation, measure selection and monitoring & evaluation in urban mobility planning. The courses will be moderated for four weeks by the project’s SUMP experts.
CH4LLENGE Course Schedule
CH4LLENGE course available now:
- SUMP Basics (on-demand course, available throughout the year)
CH4LLENGE course available next:
- Participation: Actively involving local stakeholders and citizens in mobility planning processes (13.04.2015 - 11.05.2015)
CH4LLENGE courses available in summer and autumn 2015:
- Cooperation: Improving geographic, political, administrative and interdepartmental cooperation
- Measure selection: Identifying the most appropriate package of measures to meet a city’s policy objectives
- Monitoring and evaluation: Assessing the impact of measures and evaluating the mobility planning process
Register here for the in-depth courses on participation, cooperation, measure selection, or monitoring & evaluation in urban mobility planning!
Important note: if you plan to enrol in one or more of CH4LLENGE’s in-depth e-learning courses on participation, cooperation, measure selection, or monitoring & evaluation in urban mobility planning, we strongly recommend taking the SUMP Basics first to gain a better understanding of the overall topic.